When we talk about plumbing, the looks and quality of the pipe is the only topic. What is the diameter of the pipe, is it suitable for the layout, will it be capable enough to cater all the plumbing needs of the house or not, are some of the questions assessed. However, people seem to be very less worried or concerned about what goes inside the pipe. Plumbing pipes look just fine from top but from inside, they might be blocked or developing something that can cause the blockage in future.
There are several reasons, which can cause blockage of the pipes, no matter how careful you are:
- Water pump extracting its supply from ground water often pull of soil and debris along with water. This soil and debris can settle at the bottom of the pipe, causing blockage or reduction in proper supply. However, it might not happen in a day or too but these soil and debris can disrupt your water supply.
- Leaves or debris getting collected in swimming pool pipes is very common. These can damage your entire plumbing system as well as water pumps.
- During rains or storm, leaves and debris can enter your main water line causing blockage.
You will have to maintain the health of your PPR pipes and PVC pipes through very simple steps.
- Keep your swimming pool covered when not in use. You can also hire professionals for regular cleaning thus maintaining the health of plumbing.
- Make sure to clean your overhead tanks or any such water storage to avoid blockage by soil and debris.
- Keep your gutters clean and plumbing pipes covered.
It is very easy to maintain your pipes adding additional years to it, you just have to be a little careful.